What’s In Our Library…
***Note: All “Book” What’s In Our Library links are Affiliate links, please know if you make a purchase, we receive a small commission. We thank you.***
If you are anything like us, your books are like good ole’ friends that get better with age. The covers always give an idea of what’s inside, but when you dive deep and read the book, you find the gold. We thought we would share our favorites with you! Enjoy!
These are books we personally own and recommend – the books listed under “Wish List” are books we’d love to purchase and thought you might as well.
I N S P I R A T I O N A L
Beautiful books written to transform and inspire.
- The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry I heard John Mark Comer speak about this book and my son read this book as well. After recommending friends to read it, they have said it has changed their life.
- Playing Big by Tara Mohr – This book was recommended to me from a mentor and I am so glad to have this in my library.
- Chase The Lion is a book that encourages and inspires to reach your dreams by facing them head on! Do you sometimes feel like fear is facing you and controlling your life? Mark Batterson says,“Quit playing it safe and start running toward the roar!”.
- Love Does by Bob Goff
- Essentialism (not pictured) and Effortless by Greg McKeown
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Anxious For Nothing by Max Lucado
A L L A B O U T H O M E
Architecture and designed interiors help to create a home that tells a story about who lives there. These are great coffee table/display books. Full of beautiful imagery and inspiration.
- Styled Emily Henderson
- Home Body Joanna Gaines
- The Things That Matter Nate Berkus
- More Beautiful Mark D. Sikes
- French Country Cottage Courtney Allison
- Patina Farm Steve and Brooke Gianetti
- Tracery Paige Sumblin Schnell
- The Nature of Home Jeffrey Dungan
Being a designer and creative, I’ve found some books that are truly inspirational and books that help to develop a foundation as an artist.
- Show Your Work Austin Kleon
- Steal Like An Artist Austin Kleon
- The Complete Artist’s Way Julia Cameron
- Color + Pattern Khristian A. Howell
- Midwest Modern Amy Butler
- Singer Sewing Essentials Christine Kittleson
- Hand Lettering Step By Step Kathy Glynn
- Out of the Blue Tricia Guild and Amanda Back
T H E B R A N D
So much goes into building a brand. These books are encouraging about building a brand that is telling what you want to say.
- Building A Story Brand Donald Miller
- The Company I Keep Leonard Lauder
- Plate to Pixel Helene Dujardin
- How To Style Your Brand Fiona Humberstone
J U S T B E C A U S E
These books are fun to read right before closing my eyes for bed.
- Classic Style : Kate Schelter – Inspiring book about creating a personal style that is unique to you.
- The Magnolia Story: Chip and Joanna Gaines – A beautiful life story about Chip and Joanna and how a dream became a reality.
- Botanial Shakespeare: Gerit Quealy – a lovely illustrated memoir of the plants and botanicals from Shakespeare’s playwright.
- Living A Beautiful Life: Alexandra Stoddard – Alexandra has a way of making you find beauty with all of your surroundings. My book is a signed book that I cherish.
- Establishing Home Jean Stoffer
- An Eye For Beauty Beth Webb
- Soul Of A Home Tara Shaw
- Simplicity Nancy Braithwaite
- Gracious Rooms Barbara Westbrook
- Sophisticated Simplicity Suzanne Kasler
- At Home Susanna Salk
- At Home Suzanne Rheinstein
- An Entertaining Story India Hicks
- Elements Of Style Erin Gates
- Big Magic Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Flower Hunter Lucy Hunter